Competition Application Requirements
- All applications must be submitted in English.
- Applications will be accepted from 15 July to 30 September 2017.
- Applications will be accepted online only, through https://gust.com/programs/wbaf-take-invest-summit-2018 or through an officially approved national competition portal. Offline applications will not be considered.
- For start-ups: Start-ups need not be incorporated, but an incorporated company can only compete if it has been incorporated for 24 months or less at the time of application.
- For scale-ups: Scale-ups must be incorporated and have received investment from an angel investor, a private equity, or a VC.
- Bio tech
- Food & beverage
- IT & mobile technologies
- Mobile payments
- Renewable energy
- Robotics & drones
- Virtual reality & gaming
- Wearable technologies
- The winners will be selected by a panel of judges who will be looking at a range of criteria, including growth potential, passion, creativity, level of idea development, and pitching skills, market potential, scalability, performance track record.
- The scores of all judges will be weighted equally.
WBAF will accept applications for the WBAF Take Invest Summit 2018 from 15 July 2017. The last day to submit a complete application is 30 September 2017. The local finalists will be announced on 15 November 2017, and the 50 finalists accepted for WBAF Take Invest Summit will be announced on 30 November 2017. For more information about the rules and judging,
|01 July 2017||Online application officially opens|
|30 September 2017||Deadline for applications|
|15 October 2017||Acceptance letters mailed|
|15 November 2017||WBAF local competitions|
|30 November 2017||Announcement of 50 finalists for the Take Invest Summit|
|19 – 20 February 2018||WBAF Take Invest Summit 2018|